Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tear of Grief





I am really confused. The Russians sent us a one hundred foot tall memorial to 9/11 in 2006 and it stands in New Jersey? Where was I when that happened, on another planet? I'm not a news nut, but I do keep abreast of the happenings around the world.

While we are still haggling about a 9/11 monument, our former cold war enemy, Russia, has created, erected and dedicated a monument in the USA that is not only beautiful, but significant in scope and stature, and brings tears to the eyes when viewed. It makes me wonder why we haven’t been able to build our own monument to 9/11. Could it be politics as usual?














Of course, President Putin is playing the political game too, but still—the monument is impressive and speaks volumes in its simple message. I, for one, thank the Russian people for the memorial that is now called, To The Struggle Against World Terrorism. I also thank my friend Sandy Cartwright, for sending me the pictures and story, and thus enlightening me yet again.

Write on,

Mittster

No comments: